Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We have compiled a short list of the questions we are asked most frequently by our clients, regarding our web designs and development services. We at BrainPath Consults have been building web experiences for over 12 years. In that time, we have gained a vast amount of experience and knowledge.
We crafted this FAQ page to answer many of the frequently asked questions we were asked along the way. If you don’t see the answer to your questions here, please, feel free to call us at: +234 (0) 811-279-9629.
We've been building websites since 2008. You can learn more about our history on our about page
This is a question we get asked all the time and unfortunately there is no straight answer to this question. The scope of the project determines the cost. A typical 5-page website design takes about 2-weeks to complete, while some sites can take months of design and development; others can take more few weeks. Every business has unique requirements and every customer has different objectives. It’s hard for us to guess, so we tend not to. Through meetings, planning and discussion we’ll be able to understand your requirements and then be able to estimate a project.
Depending on your requirements, our prices vary. There are a variety of factors that go into the cost of service.
Although we have some standard website design packages, many websites require a custom quote. The cost of a website depends on the scope which can be defied by address the following 3 topics:
- Number of Pages: While we don’t charge per-page, a 50 page website requires more work than a 5 page website. Larger websites also require a bit more planning to achieve a user-friendly navigation and site structure.
- Special Functionality: Anything beyond a standard contact form typically requires a custom quote. Examples include e-commerce, membership websites, extensive forms, and customer login sections.
- Overall Look: While we certainly bring our design expertise and experience to the table, it’s helpful to share example websites you like so we can better understand your tastes. Depending on how well established and polished your brand identity is, additional work and creation of assets may be required to achieve the desired result.
Primarily, we use WordPress exclusively as the basis of designing and maintaining your website. WordPress is the most popular website design platform due to its combination of making it easy for a non-web designer to make simple edits while offering the flexibility for web designers to customize and extend the look and functionality to meet almost any need.
All of our websites come with hosting packages. Please get in touch for a free quote
Not a problem, we can transfer your domain name/website over to our web servers with zero down time.
- Organize: We begin by collecting your materials including a page outline, text for each page, and any images you have (logo, headshots, etc). We then organize those materials into your client folder and create a project in our project management app.
- Design: We design the homepage and 2-4 additional pages to establish the new look and layout. This process usually takes about 2 weeks.
- Review: We send a screen recording to show what the new design looks like, point out notable features, explain design choices, demonstrate what it looks like on mobile devices, and ask questions in context. We also send a link to the development website to use as a basis for your feedback.
- Revise: Once the initial design is approved, we get back to work designing the remaining pages and applying any revisions based on your feedback. Once revisions are complete, we’ll notify you to take another look at the development website for any final revisions or approval to launch.
- Launch: We perform a pre-launch checklist including tasks like initial Search Engine Optimization and responsive testing. We then launch the website and perform a post-launch checklist including tasks like setting up Google Analytics and submitting your sitemap to Google Search Console.
A website design project typically requires a 70% deposit to start, with the remaining due upon delivery. After launch, a fresh agreement will be reached if we are to handle your website maintenance and is billed monthly or annually. Charges are added to an invoice which is sent at the end of the month. The balance is due in full on the 15th.
There are no ongoing maintenance charges unless we are performing a requested service. Of course, as with any website; hosting and domains typically have monthly or annual charges involved, as those are required for a website to run.
Our yearly service agreement covers everything, including all updates, site security, or changes to your website. Your website will be completely turn-key for you. We will take care of your website and let you focus on growing your business.
Definitely, we have an in-house copywriter you can work with to write compelling content.
We follow a simple process for all of our websites; you can find out more on our our about page. If you've already done that, the next step is to get in touch and arrange a chat or a meeting with us.
We work with businesses from a broad range of industries.
Yes! Being marketing-led means that we’re advocates of a good landing page.
Potentially, it's best to have a chat with us to let us know what you’re currently working with and what your requirements are for this update.
Absolutely, you will get to watch and give feedback during every step of construction. Our belief is your new website represents your company, as well as Victoria Web Design, so we both have a vested interest in designing it so both parties are completely satisfied.
Leverage agile frameworks to provide a robust synopsis for high level overviews. Iterative approaches to corporate strategy foster collaborative thinking to further the overall value proposition. Organically grow the holistic world view of disruptive innovation via workplace diversity and empowerment.
You Got Questions, We Got Answers!
Take the next step, your online success is just a phone call away!
We Are the Right Brand
We are the right brand your company needs to design a website that will visually represent its voice, name and goals globally.
In-House Team of Experts
Our team of experts are focused on adding value to your business through objective driven design
We are among the top-ranked web design companies in Lagos Nigeria. Our breath-taking designs and skills serves oversea clients.
We Are Recognized
We are a web design and marketing company RECOGNIZED by the most influential designers, creative directors, bloggers and award agencies in the industry.
Contact Us, We will assist you
Our main focus is to get you the most online exposure as possible by building a website that works. Mainly what this means is we convert visitors into customer. Our success rate in this is very high and we hope to work with you and bring your business to the next level.